Most of the time in your school, you might have gotten bored during your maths classes. Did any of your teachers do a special thing to encourage you? No? Let me tell you, teachers should encourage their students by giving them maths puzzles and riddles. This might help them to increase their engagement in mathematics. Maths riddles and puzzles are one of the oldest ways which make maths more interesting for students. It also helps in increasing solving and logical thinking. In this article, we will try to see and learn a number of math puzzles and riddles and try to make a subject like mathematics fun for those who run away from it.
Study Maths Online From the Best in This Field
Sometimes, the subject of mathematics gets boring, and you don’t feel like learning and understanding it. In that case, you should visit cuemath.com as it helps and makes the subject mathematics more interesting. Study maths online from Cuemath and get your concepts cleared by the best tutors from around the world. Studying maths online also helps the student to record and revisit the lecture as much as he wants, so that he or she might see it when needed.
Various Maths Puzzles and Riddles
- Maths crossword puzzle: You can take a crossword and make it math. This is the basic concept behind using this highly adaptable math challenge. Instead of words, students use mathematical numerals to complete the horizontal and vertical stripes. This might help the students to adapt concepts like money addition, rounding numbers, etc.
- Sudoku: You may have already played this game. It is a great choice for students as it encourages logical reasoning and problem-solving skills. Sudoku puzzles generally appear in newspapers and some textbooks at the back. There are hundreds of other resources that generate puzzles based on difficulty. You can choose the level of difficulty depending on your playing level. Are you a rookie or a veteran?
- Magic Square: For thousands of years magic square has been around your corner. During the renaissance, it was introduced to the Western civilization by translated Arabic texts. This puzzle, magic square can be of various types but the most convenient is the three-by-three magic square grid which is also more accessible to the students. Use a recycled bottle cap, name them from number 1 to number 9, and arrange them in a three-by-three square grid so that the sum of any three caps is a line that is equal to 15.
- Prodigy: It is one of the best platforms to study maths online based on puzzles /riddles. It is a free game-based platform that students love to use while they are practicing math skills. In a traditional sense, the prodigy is not a math puzzle, but a way that helps students to increase their engagement in mathematics as well as to increase their solving capabilities and logical thinking. You can get access to this game by downloading it from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Domino puzzle board: There are a number of ways by which you can use the domino puzzle board, but for the student, they can use this board for practicing multiplication and addition in a fun way using hands. You can make teams or be alone to complete this table. This math puzzle is highly recommended by various mathematicians if the students feel bored while practicing mathematics.
- 2048: This is an online-based free game that challenges the player to slide numbered tiles around a grid until it reaches 2048. This game is highly addictive and is not easy as it sounds. It can be accessed through Google Play store. There are different variations in which you can play this game and enhance your problem-solving skills.