Dating back to 2012, SD Bullion began selling precious metals on the Internet to individuals all over the world. They offer international shipping and they are an alternative way to store precious metals at a low price.
The company is focused on offering a number of different options for bullion, but you cannot buy numismatic coins or other types of non-bouillon precious metals here. The great part is that they are an international organization, so they are willing to ship their products to 28 countries around the world.
Modifying your order isn’t allowed at SD Bullion. If you attempt to modify your order for any reason after the confirmation has already taken place, your order will be canceled and they will charge you a cancellation fee.
If you happen to be looking for a company that sells bullion online, and also has a great reputation, then you’ve definitely come to the right place. They also have excellent storage options at a low price. On the other hand, if you want to purchase numismatic coins, you should look for a different broker.
All about SD Bullion
This organization was originally started in 2012, but they’ve grown quite a bit over the last 10 years and counting. They are considered one of the top silver and gold bullion providers on the Internet, and rightfully so. Their offerings are slightly constrained due to their minimal choices, but their pricing is competitive whether you’re buying ounces or kilograms of gold, silver, platinum, or palladium.
The company was started by the founders of the Silver Doctors Network. The website for Silver Doctors shares valuable information about precious metals and the entire market.
As shared in the Cayman Financial Review, they have loads of experience in the precious metals market, which makes this organization understand the ups and downs and gives them the ability to sell products in this space.
The SD in SD Bullion stands for Silver Doctors, as you may have surmised. Their focus is on selling precious metals on the web via their website SDbullion.com. Their prices are guaranteed low, and their premiums are tiny, and some of the best in the business, which is great for those looking for silver and gold bars, coins, and varying precious metals.
They have fantastic gold products from top mints including the Royal Canadian Mint and Ohio Precious Metals. After comparing the company to different precious metals brokers, they have limited supply bars but low overall rates, which means doing business with them is inexpensive.
The SD Bullion company philosophy matches with traditional values. This means they work hard to deliver low prices on great products. They also perform fantastic customer service and support.
Best of all, they’ve helped more than 250,000 people in the past 10 years, which is amazing!
Products from SD Bullion
They offer a wide range of bullion products including the following:
- American Eagle Gold Bullion – US
- Canadian Gold Maple Leaf – Canada
- Mexican Gold Libertad – Mexico
- American Gold Buffalo – US
- Gold Coins from Europe
- Gold Bars: sizes 1 kg-1 g
SD Bullion has a satisfactory range of silver products like silver coins, silver rounds, silver bars, silver bullets, and silver banknotes. Their products range from sizes 1 g-1 ounce and everything in between.
- International Platinum Coins
- International Platinum Bars
- American Eagle Platinum Coins – US
- Canadian Maple Leaf Platinum Coins – Canada
- Canadian Maple Leaf Palladium Coins – Canada
- Assorted Palladium Investments Including Bars and Coins
- Cleaners for precious metals
- Cases (airtight)
- Boxes for storage
- Coin magnification devices
Buying SD Bullion Precious Metals
After checking out their website and looking at the different tabs up top, you’ll notice that they sell precious metals and collections. If you’d like to purchase silver, for example, you can go to the tab labeled silver and look at the products in this category.
The simplified buying process works this way:
- Find the perfect coin or bar to meet your needs and choose the most suitable item. Next, figure out how many you’d like to buy, and then add them to your cart.
- Verify the way the product will be shipped to you next. Look at their shipping options and choose the right one according to your needs. If S shipping is necessary, you may have to spend more money to get it quickly. Make your selection and go to the next option.
- It’s time to submit your payment info. You’ll get your precious metal products after payment is submitted. It’s best to submit this information immediately to avoid potential confusion.
- Order verification is the final step. Keep in contact with SD Bullion to verify the order. If you fail to verify, they’ll never ship your order without proper confirmation from you.
Returning products are certainly available to you. But it isn’t encouraged since reimbursements aren’t insured. There is a 72-hour return window, so you must work with the agent to secure the return within the 72-hour time frame.
Put in the return request to find out if it’s going to be approved. If you get the approval, ship the order back to SD Bullion right away. The items must be covered, wrath, and in perfect original condition. If something is changed and it devalues the product, you likely pay a fee because of it.
SD Bullion also charges a stocking fee depending on the payment of choice. There is a 5% stocking fee for PayPal and credit card payments. Other payment methods have a 3% stocking fee.
They ship the VA FedEx, USPS, and UPS within the United States. Orders that are $199 or more receive free shipping. Orders that are less than $199 must pay a $7.77 shipping fee.
International shipping rates are calculated during the checkout process. You may even have to pay duties and taxes on international orders, so keep that in mind.
A delivery signature is necessary for insured packages. If you choose to forgo a signature, your package will not be insured. You’ll receive a tracking number, which you can use to monitor your order as it is shipped to you.
Selling Bullion to SD Bullion
Are you ready to sell some of your precious metals to SD Bullion? Here’s the way to make this happen:
- Call SD Bullion on the phone via their phone number at 800-294-8732. Tell them about your situation and mention that you have a precious metals buyback that you like to take place. They will give you a verified price over the telephone.
- They will send you a buy order next. It’s important that you receive this order and print it as soon as possible. The buy order must be put inside the shipping package when sent to SD Bullion.
- They will provide you with a shipping address. Please send the package directly to this address and this address only.
- It takes around 24-72 hours after receiving the package, inspecting it, and approving the buyback.
Does SD Bullion Have Good Prices When Measured up against Their Competitors?
Overall, their prices pretty much matched the competition on average. Although, they might be a little bit lower because of their nonexistent commissions and low service fees. This will certainly help precious metals investors save money over the long run.
Precious Metals: Buying and Selling Prices
Figuring out how much SD Bullion will give you for a certain product isn’t possible at this time. Why not? The price of gold, silver, palladium, and platinum is constantly changing all day and night long.
The price never remains the same because it fluctuates, which means you’ll never know how much you’ll have to pay or how much you’ll receive until you actually get ready to place the order. They can give you the current going rate at that point, but it’s impossible to give advance notice. In a constantly changing market, advanced notice isn’t a possibility.
Is It Safe to Buy from This Company?
Starting in 2012, SD bullion began selling precious metals on the Internet and the organization has thrived ever since. They have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, which is great.
They also have a phenomenal reputation as excellent sellers and buyers all around the world. Even better, they offer storage options for their customers and they are considered very trustworthy.
Is SD Bullion Secure?
Security is the name of the game at SD Bullion. Not only do they use SSL encryption, they also receive payment info from customers via authorize.net, which is a reputable organization.
Their shipping has tracking and insurance too for added security and safety.
SD Bullion: Complaints & Reviews
This company has excellent ratings on online peer-reviewed websites including the Better Business Bureau and TrustPilot. On trust pilot, they have a respectable 4.3 out of 5 stars for their TrustScore. The Better Business Bureau gives them an A+ rating based on more than 200 reviews on their website.
Past customers always have wonderful things to say about this organization. They believe their customer service is top-notch, the company acts with complete professionalism, and they even provide fast shipping, which is delightful. And if anyone ever does complain, it typically happens during shipping delays or fees for order cancellations.
SD Bullion Pros
- No commission fees
- Great reputation
- Delivers internationally
SD Bullion Cons
- Fees for restocking
- Fees for order cancellations
- Customer support isn’t available 24/7
Storing Precious Metals with SD Bullion
The company makes it possible for their customers to store their precious metals investments wherever they like. If you have a particular depository that you keep in mind, you can have SD Bullion deliver the precious metals directly to your depository of choice.
On the other hand, if you’d like to have SD Bullion store your precious metals, this can certainly be arranged. They give away the first three months of storage for free, and it costs $9.99 a month afterward.
How Do I Contact Customer Service at SD Bullion?
- Call 800-294-8732 on Monday through Thursday from 8 AM to 6 PM or 8 AM to 5 PM on Friday.
- Use the online form to email customer support at any time.
- Use the online live chat feature to contact customer support weekdays from 8 AM to 6 PM.
Does SD Bullion Have a Storefront?
No, they do not have a brick-and-mortar storefront.
Is It Possible to Change My Order?
No, changing orders is impossible. You can cancel your order, but SD Bullion will enact a cancellation fee that you’ll have to pay.
Do you plan on purchasing bullion precious metals investments in the near future? It’s definitely a good idea to do so through SD Bullion. They sell silver and gold bullion on an international level in 28 different countries and they are one of the best groups on the Internet to work with. The Better Business Bureau is even given them an A+ rating, which proves they are a legitimate organization to work with.